Saturday, May 2, 2009

New Ring

So as planned, we got my ring back last Tuesday. Matt went to pick it up in the middle of the day and ended up calling me at work pretty irritated. When he picked up the ring and opened the box he immediately noticed multiple problems. The diamond was set uneven so that it was on a slant. There was supposed to be a space on either side between the diamond and the band but the diamond was completely pushed to one side with no space leaving the other side with a HUGE space. They didn't cut and add gold to size it.. they just melted it down leaving the back side of the band incredibly thin and you could see where they had heated up the metal because it left a goldish color to it. It was terrible! Matt was furious but the jewelry store didn't think it was that bad. He ended up bringing it to me to show me what the setting ended up like and indeed, it was pretty bad. The diamonds were still beautiful but they'd destroyed the band. After I went back to work, Matt went and looked at other jewelers. Another jewelry store told him that if they melted it down to fix it, it would weaken it enough that I'd probably be able to break the center crown right out if I caught it on anything. So a few hours later I get another call from Matt telling me that he's found another ring similar to mine and he thought it was beautiful. He wanted to pick me up just to go look at it. At first I was hesitant because I didn't want to give up on my original ring, but working with that company again was almost out of the question. How could anyone send the finished ring back looking that bad? And then have the people tell you that it was okay?! So we went and looked at the other ring Matt found and I loved it. It's a little different diamond wise but I like the band more. So we ended up returning my original ring and going back to get the new one. I don't have any pictures right now but I'll post some as soon as I get it back. I'm very excited and I can't wait to wear it.

I don't think that I'll ever work with the other store again. The staff was very nice, but the quality of the finished product... unacceptable. I'll post pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. omg kam i would be so mad! im glad you ended up finding one that makes ya happy though. We had drama with my ring forever to and it was so frustrating! When you are spending that much, you want it right...and the people that made mine just acted like i was being unreasonable for wanting it the way i liked it!It sucked. Cant wait to see the new one :)

    ReplyDelete