Maddie hasn't been drinking of eating for two days so we took her into her pediatrician. They told us she has a virus and she's moderately dehydrated and the way we needed to get her to drink was to give her whatever she'd drink (Diet Coke, Water, Gatorade, popcicles) in a syringe down her throat. 1 tsp every 5 minutes for 2 hours. It wasn't fun and she didn't like it, or us for that matter. It still didn't help so we called back and they told us to take her to the ER for an IV to get her re hydrated. We sat around for about two hours while they checked her out. They tested her for strep and that came back negative. We just sat there trying to give her juice and popcicles because they didn't want to give her an IV. It was a long night. She's doing a little better today and she's drinking so it looks like she's on the road to recovery. It's just so sad to watch her though - she's just not her normal active self. Hopefully just a few more days and she'll be back to our playful little girl.

Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sorry to hear that Maddie is so sick. I hate when Ashlyn gets sick. It seems like when your kids are miserable, so are you. I hope she get's better soon! On a random note, I finally have my blog up and somewhat working. Check it out if you have a chance- craigandheidikelley@blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
I am so sorry that she is sick. THere is nothing worse than to have your babies sick! I hope she gets feeling better!
ReplyDeleteKami! How are ya? email me your email address and I will invite you to my blog. bellykel441@aol.com this is kelly bell in case you didn't know :)
ReplyDeleteha ha! On the rock of that cave that Brady is in it says RIP Jordan. Brady is a smart A and put that on the captions. I knew no one would no what the F he was talking about :)
ReplyDelete